Today, I attended a New Member Breakfast for the West Hollywood Chamber of Commerce where I serve on the Board of Directors. I know that sometimes it’s hard to get to a breakfast meeting (LA traffic & all), so following please meet 22 Businesses to know in West Hollywood! (Photo credit above @see_u_in_nyc via IG)
- 24 Hour Fitness: With the Sample Saturday event just around the corner, this WeHo staple will be on display more than ever. It was nice to see Vanessa and Kirsten there, and many of the attendees shared that this was indeed their neighborhood gym.
- AHF Pharmacy: In their own words “By filling your prescriptions with an AHF Pharmacy, you’re DIRECTLY helping people living with HIV.” What I was struck by was Edwin Millan’s commitment to this cause.
- Blissful Sleep: This second generation family-owned business is committed to their patrons getting the best night sleep possible. Lucy was full of pride when she told us about their company and invited us to meet with her son Ben to find the perfect mattress.
- Cafe D’Etoile: Tom and his team have been serving the WeHo community for over 30 years. He also co-chairs the Member Relations committee with Mylena. This is a great spot to go for neighborhood people watching and fun dinner specials.
- Cottrell Consultants: David brings major CFO skills to the table. A good friend of mine asked him to do pro formas for a business plan she was working on. For a creative like me, I see people like Dave as the left brain to my right.
- Cruise Planners: 20-year travel industry veteran Lisa Grey proudly shared that she is planning a WeHo Chamber excursion to Cabo San Lucas. Her site says, “Relax. We’ve got this. Tell us your wildest adventure and we’ll match you up with the best vacation value with helpful tips along the way.”
- EVX Limousines Corp: Here in LA so much centers around our cars, or car service. This option specializes in a Tesla fleet and owner Amneet Sethi offers the type of white glove service you demand for your most discerning client (or yourself!)
- Food for Dogs: Tony shared their mission with us “We do three things here – we make daily food for healthy dogs and cats, we make a line of prescription food for dogs with specific illnesses and we make custom formulations for sick dogs and cats.”
- HEAL: $99 doctor (without insurance) house calls with a 31 minute average visit time? WTH? According to the HEAL website, that’s the type of thing you can expect. Laine and Char-Leen explained the system and the audible gasp from the group at Le Pain that morning is evidence that people want this. In fact, I just shared HEAL at a recent dinner party when one of the guests was complaining of post-dancer knee pain. They even have a promo code: LANIEWES956 (may expire soon).
- iD Group: Helmed by Jeff Vance, iDGroup has been recognized for residential and commercial architecture, locally in Los Angeles and abroad. With over twenty years of experience in the industry, they specialize in the acquisition, development, design, construction, and management of unique real estate properties
- Keith Kaplan of Sotheby’s Realty: Our Chairman of the Board has two businesses based in WeHo and also calls WeHo home. He shared how much work the Chamber does to advocate on behalf of businesses and invited attendees to get involved.
- Keller Williams: It’s no surprise that there were a lot of realtors at the breakfast today. There is a lot of beautiful real estate in and around WeHo. Michael Cautillo brings a unique combination of legal training and attention to his clients.
- Kitchen 24: One of my favorite meeting spots is Kitchen 24 for its great food, best people watching and easy parking. Owner David Dickerson is also a Chamber Board Member and is passionated about the advocacy work the Chamber takes on to help hospitality businesses in the City.
- Le Pain Quotidien: I have been to Le Pain’s around the world. There was one around the corner when I lived in Paris, I met my friend Kerren at their London location, but the one in WeHo is closest to my heart. It’s also the closest – like literally walking distance from me. Their lemon tart is my fave, and they did a fabulous job of hosting us this morning!
- Love Pets Photography: Get ready for fur baby cuteness overload. This specialty studio “celebrates the love and connection animals bring to our lives, while helping abandoned and neglected pets get the second chance at the happy life that they deserve.” Teena, Natasha and Pamela invited us to drop by!
- Mylena Christina of Sotheby’s Realty: Mylena brings a deep knowledge of LA real estate because she has lived in LA most of her life. She is also the Chair of the Member Relations committee and invites you to come check out her committee! Her motto is “ABC” – always be closing 🙂
- Pudding Insights, LLC: Jeremy Foreshew has found a way to gamify surveys. Let’s be honest, sometimes taking a survey is downright annoying but as business owners – we need data to make good decisions.
- RARE Properties Compass Organization: Lisa Young’s background background in teaching, leadership/mentorship, public speaking, counseling, outreach and traveling allow her to uniquely connect with her clients.
- Social Spotlight Events: Founder Didi Wong was a bundle of energy that day when she shared that her upscale events are designed to connect brands with influencers. Update: As a #WeHo influencer myself, I attended her event at SLS Hotel last Sunday and will blog about it later but it was a lot of fun and I met some great new brands to work with.
- Stein Health Foundation Org: Having just gone through a surgery of my own, healthcare is top of mind for me. Sam and Christina shared that the Stein Health Foundation is a “one stop shop” that integrates conventional medical services, and doctor-recommended complementary medications.
- TheVanityGirlDiaries: Shameless plug (hey! I have to promote my business too!) I’m a local influencer and I help businesses create content and DIY PR with free tools like this. I also serve on the Chamber board alongside Keith, Tom, Mylena and David. My motto is ABCC – Always be Creating Content! Email me if you’d like to work together.
- Tocaya Organica: Vegan Mexican Food in a sophisticated fast casual environment? Perfect for a WeHo (and beyond) crowd, Tocaya Organica was born out of a mission for better eating. Go visit Mark and his team up on Sunset Blvd.
And of course, our Chamber staff was there too. Their job (and passion) is to help businesses thrive in West Hollywood. Thanks to Genevieve Morrill our President & CEO, Vic Gerami Director of Programs and Communications and Dana Wynkoop, Member Relations Manager. If you’d like to join the Chamber please contact Dana at 323-650-2688 or email@example.com.
See you in West Hollywood!
Maxine Tatlonghari is the award-winning innovator and beauty influencer behind the Vanity Girl Hollywood brand, She chronicles her beauty boss life in The Vanity Girl Diaries, with a focus on lifestyle, West Hollywood, beauty, female founders and philanthropy. She resides in West Hollywood and loves to travel. She also helps local businesses with social media and DIY marketing tools.