Above are more cool beauty, hair, skincare and baby items I found as a TrendScout for Cosmoprof NA 2017, the largest business-to-business beauty trade show in North America. I’ve been going to this show at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas for over 5 years now Last year Vanity Girl was even named a finalist in its Beauty Pitch competition. If you are serious about the beauty business, I think this show is well worth the time and money to attend as it features great education, programming and networking opportunities.
From the bottom left corner to the middle, here are some of my picks!
- Bouncy Curls: We always want what we don’t have right? I get blow outs twice a week to achieve that tousled beachy hair that looks done/undone because my medium length brown hair is pretty much stick straight. But I have many friends who have curly hair and this ultra rich hydrating cream smells divine and promises to deliver soft touchable curls and can be used daily. The key ingredients are olive and grape seed oils. In fact, oils of all kinds were big trend I saw throughout the show. $14.99 at TheRootsProducts.com.
- Dream Water: I have to be honest, when I first saw this at the show I was a little dubious … like why was a sleep aid here at CosmoProf? But it makes sense – they do call it BEAUTY SLEEP after all. Update: Wendi McLendon-Covey named it one of her top 7 can’t live without items (Shameless Plug: she also named our Hollywood vanity mirror in her must-have list). The key ingredients include GABA, Melatonin and 5-HTP. $29.99 on Amazon.com.
- eb5 Skincare: I love to find out the story behind a company, especially those that are women-owned like mine. eb5 started as a way to deliver skincare to burn victims over 60 years ago and prides itself on delivering quality, clean skincare to their customers. The unusual name is based on the two vitamins they believe are best for your skin: Vitamin E and pro-Vitamin B5. The starter kit featured in the flat-lay above consists of a simple and effective 3 step system of cleanser, toner and moisturizer. $12.99 on eb5.com.
- Little Green Cares: For the kiddies, here is a safe, gentle and pure option on body wash/ shampoo and body lotion. The brand was started by a 40-year veteran of the beauty industry and caring grandfather, Carmen DePasquale. He wanted to create something free of parabens, sulfates and allergens for his grandchildren. $6 and up on LittleGreenCares.com.
- ttittAng: These are premium baby wipes from South Korea. K-beauty has been a huge influence on skincare for quite a while now (since 2016 to be exact) and it’s no surprise that extends to the kiddie market as well. These wipes feature a really fresh citrus scent ttittang.com.
I hope you enjoyed that little round up and stay tuned for more Cosmoprof NA TrendScout pics from yours truly!
Maxine Tatlonghari is the award-winning innovator and beauty influencer behind the Vanity Girl Hollywood brand, bringing you the original Hollywood vanity mirror. She chronicles her beauty boss life in The Vanity Girl Diaries, with a focus on lifestyle, beauty, female founders and philanthropy. She resides in West Hollywood and loves to travel. She was a TrendScout for the Cosmoprof NA 2017 beauty trade show.