Last Saturday we headed to The Grove to see one of my loves and favorite celebrity hair stylists in action – Chris Dylan with the awesome SIMPLY crew. He was treating an intimate group of us to his insider tips on how to achieve the coveted off-duty model didn’t even try hair look. With his band tee, Gucci slides and perfectly effed up
hair – it always comes as a surprise that he is so humble when he presents because he really wants you to learn his tips. I will do another whole post about that at a future date, but the reason I even started talking about that is that we met the SIMPLY team that day and they invited us to their holiday/housewarming party. Yeah – we’re lucky to be able to hit these parties here in LA- but I thought I’d share some of the highlights so that they can inspire your upcoming parties too. Photo Source: @simply
1. The Invitation: Yes, you can spend lots of money on elaborate invitations – but the SIMPLY team kept it … well … simple. They used email but what I loved about it is that they told me the highlights of the party which made me want to come even more. And the most important part – they shared parking info (hello, so important here in LA) which let us all know that they were generously offering hosted valet parking.
Killer Compact mirror + Guilded Skull = holidays in LA
2. Valet Parking: This is a must in LA, but I get it — sometimes it’s just too hard to arrange. Therefore, a simple line like “Uber recommended” or better yet – an Uber Code can really help get people to the soiree. A publicist offered this to us for a beauty launch that she was doing downtown, and it made all the difference.
3. Manicure Station: This is always a hit at a beauty event. (I recently saw ACHI doing this at the Foray house and of course at their own launch party). This night, I opted for a purple sparkly coat to hide the desperate need for a fill on my organic gel nails.
Photo Source: @simply
4. Ornament Calligraphy: … and other Instagrammable moments. Personalized ANYTHING is always fun at events like this and I loved loved loved my Vanity Girl ornament – in pink ink of course.
Photo Source: @simply
5. Scent Bar: Remember I talked about personalized anything? The SIMPLY and Nylon team offered a scent bar hosted by Define Me outside by the pool. They custom blended take away scents and also gifted us a generous trio of scents to go in our SWAG bags. They put my custom scent in the freaking cutest little roller ball ever. It’s like the size of a pencil eraser.
6. Yummy Eats: This event was held rooftop (and poolside) at Liberace’s former penthouse residence – and featured tray passed small bites. We got there kind of late so it was mostly deserts by the time we arrived.
7. Music: DJ Dazzler was spinning and the music was the first thing that greeted us when we exited the guilded art deco elevator to the Penthouse level.
8. Cocktails: I’m a vodka girl so I was more than happy to sip on my standard vodka, soda splash of can with a lime courtesy of Grey Goose and Malibu Rocky Oaks was also pouring wine that night.
9. Venue: I mentioned it earlier – but this venue was truly unique. It’s actually the offices of NYLON and SIMPLY but this penthouse with a pool and views of the Hills lent itself perfectly to the quintessential LA rooftop soiree.
And of course, the final element to any great party are the guests and this one did not disappoint. Make sure to sign up for my newsletter down below for more party tips and exclusive deals from Vanity Girl Hollywood. Photo Source: @simply